Vanilla Cranberry Raisin Bread with Connamon Brown Sugar Swirl
A delicious sweet bread, perfect when toasted for breakfast in the morning or for that mid afternoon snack.
Write a review
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 30 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 58g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbs sugar
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbs softened butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs milk powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries OR craisins
- 2tbs softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Add warm water and instant yeast to mixing bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add sugar.
- Add flour.
- Add butter, salt and milk powder.
- Mix dough using dough hook until a dough ball forms..... on level 2 power.
- Once a dough ball forms, set a timer for 5 min and knead dough on level 2.
- After 5 minutes, add raisins and cranberry's and continue to knead for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place in owl well sprayed with non-stick spray and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Remove from bowl and press flat.
- Spread butter onto one side of your dough.
- Add brown sugar.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Roll dough forming a loaf.
- Place into sprayed brad pan.
- Cover and allow to rise 30 min.
- Bake in an oven set at 350 degree's for 30 min or until golden brown and when thumped, sounds hallow inside.
- Allow to cool in bread pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and continue to allow to cool on rack.
The Kneady Homesteader http://thekneadyhomesteader.com/
Video on how I made this bread can be found here: