My video on how I made this jam can be found here:
Carrot Cake Jam
A FANTASTIC jam that is sure to be a hit. The chunks of pear are my favorite!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 246g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated and peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cored, peeled and chopped pears (about 3 med-large)
- 1 3/4 cup chopped pineapple including juice (1 20oz. can of crushed pineapple)
- 3 Tbs bottled lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp crushed cloves
- 6 Tbs Ball RealFruit Classic Pectin
- 6 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional.... gives it a sweeter taste)
- Get water boiling in water bath canner.
- Sterile jars and add rings and lids to simmered hot water.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to simmer and simmer 15-20 min until pears and carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pectin and stor well.
- Place back on heat and bring to full rolling boil.
- Add sugar and vanilla (optional) also an optional 1 tbs butter to reduce foaming).
- Bring back to a rolling boil.
- Set timer for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 minute, remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars.
- Add lids and rings.
- Leave 1/4" headspace
- Process 10 minutes.
The Kneady Homesteader http://thekneadyhomesteader.com/
Carrot Cake Jam:
3 cups pears
3 cups finely grated carrots
3 1/2 cups crushed pineapple with juice
5 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground clove
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 envelopes pectin
11 cups sugar
add fruit, lemon juice and spices to pot. bring to boil. reduce heat and cover gently boil 20 min.
remove from heat.
whisk in pectin.
add 1 tbs butter
bring to boil.
add sugar all at once. return to full rolling boil, stirring constantly. boil hard for 1 minute. remove from heat.
skim off foam.
ladle into hot jars, 1/4 ” headspace.
water bath 10 min. uncover, turn off heat and allow to sit for 5 min. remove jars and cool.