A simple and delicious pear butter recipe that is the perfect spread on anything! Toast, bagels and cream cheese, crackers..... even spread a thin layer between 2 layers of vanilla cake!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 195g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 7-8 pounds pears, peeled, cored & halved
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp-1 tbs ground nutmeg (adjust to your liking)
- Peel, core and slice up pears.
- Place them into a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Set on LOW.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Allow to cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Mash fruit with hand masher or cordless immersion blender. If you like it chunky, use the hand potato masher like I did.
- Add sugar.
- Allow to cook down and thicken, another 6-7 hours.
- Fill clean and sterile mason half pint jars.
- Process in a water bath canner 15 minutes OR you may jar this up and keep it in your fridge (if you do not can) and it will stay good for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Noreen's Kitchen
The Kneady Homesteader http://thekneadyhomesteader.com/
My YouTube video on exactly HOW I made this recipe AND canned it up can be watched here:
EASY!!!! Even a teenager can make this!
All you need is:
* 1 package hot dogs
* 1 package hot dog buns
* 2-3 tbs butter (depending on the size of your grill pan)
Slice hot dogs length wide, but not completely in half. Open and lay face down in pan and fry.
Do the same with your hot dog buns.
Cook until hot dogs are brown and buns are toasted.
Serve and ENJOY!
My YouTube video on how I make these can be found here: