One of the EASIEST soups you will ever make. And it has so many uses! I use it not only to serve as a dinner with a side of crusty bread, but I also add it to my cooked ground beef when making loose hamburgers, I also use it as an aus jus for beef. I LOVE this recipe, and any beginner can do this and impress themselves along with their family and friends. If you give this a try, let me know!
10lbs of pressure
Original recipe can be found here:
VIDEO on how I made and canned this soup can be found HERE:
- 12 Large onions
- 4 tbs butter
- 24 cups beef broth (your own, homemade broth... or store bought will do)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tsp. steak sauce (any kind, I used A1)
- 2 tsp. salt (I used canning salt)
- Saute onions in melted butter in fry pan or pot.
- In a separate pot, make the broth starting with your water/beef base or beef broth.
- Add all ingredients, stir and bring to boil.
- Add onions to broth OR can your soup by adding 2 scoops of onions to the bottoms of each canning jar and ladling your broth over it.
- Process quarts at 10 pounds pressure for 75 minutes. Enjoy!