My video on how I made this jam can be found here:
Carrot Cake Jam
A FANTASTIC jam that is sure to be a hit. The chunks of pear are my favorite!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 246g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated and peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cored, peeled and chopped pears (about 3 med-large)
- 1 3/4 cup chopped pineapple including juice (1 20oz. can of crushed pineapple)
- 3 Tbs bottled lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp crushed cloves
- 6 Tbs Ball RealFruit Classic Pectin
- 6 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional.... gives it a sweeter taste)
- Get water boiling in water bath canner.
- Sterile jars and add rings and lids to simmered hot water.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to simmer and simmer 15-20 min until pears and carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pectin and stor well.
- Place back on heat and bring to full rolling boil.
- Add sugar and vanilla (optional) also an optional 1 tbs butter to reduce foaming).
- Bring back to a rolling boil.
- Set timer for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 minute, remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars.
- Add lids and rings.
- Leave 1/4" headspace
- Process 10 minutes.
The Kneady Homesteader http://thekneadyhomesteader.com/