The recipe I use comes from Noreen’s Kitchen…. I absolutely LOVE her Big Batch Pizza Dough! For me, this recipe makes 2 extra large pizza’s OR 2 large pizza’s and a side of sticks, OR 4 smaller personal pizza’s.
To find this original recipe, visit Noreen’s Kitchen here:
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups all purpose flour
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of your mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Knead in the mixer on low speed for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl and form into a smooth ball shape and place in an oiled bowl to rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and deflate.
- Shape pizza..... I usually make 2 extra large pizza's so I divide dough in half and shape. One dough ball also makes one party tray sized pizza!
- You can freeze the dough balls at this point by placing in a plastic bag and freezing until firm. Then you can wrap them better and keep frozen for up to 3 months.
- When ready to use, remove from freezer and allow to thaw in a bowl on the counter. When thawed, and risen, you may deflate and make pizza!